Monday, February 27, 2023

A Flower Card

 We are having yet another ice storm! Very unusual to have even one major ice storm a winter, but two in one week is really rare. Most winters we get a bit of freezing rain but it doesn’t usually amount to much but not this year. The trees are once again covered with ice and lots of limbs are down - one large one on a hyrdo line so the north part of the city has no power. I cannot wait for spring! I’ve had enough of winter!

So, thinking of spring, I thought I would post a card that has nothing about winter on it.

 

 I was sorting out some left over bits of paper and this strip of roses fell onto the desk. Time to use it! This is definitely a quick and easy card. The paper came from a 6” paper pack and it was cut down to 5.25” x 4” so it fit on the white card base that is the standard A2 size of 5.5” x 4.25” leaving a thin white border. The rose strip, which was left over from a different 6” paper pack, was glued down the left side and gold peel-off strips were glued to either side. The butterflies were from a different source all together but the colours were right. The edges had already been inked with a wine ink sponge and the bodies were die cut from an old Memory Box butterfly die set. I always have a lot of these die cut and set aside so they are ready when I need them. I decided the butterflies needed a little bling so my trusty glue pen was scribbled around the edges and here and there on the wings and then Stampin’ Up very fine glitter was poured on. I use this glitter all the time and it seems to be never ending, which is great. I decided not to add a sentiment so I can use it for any occasion.

 That’s all for a very icy and cold Monday February 27, 2023.

  Cheers

Violet

Ps: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply over over the image until the “Pin It” symbol appears and then click …. be patient, it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...