Friday, February 24, 2023

A Vintage Card

 Well we did get the freezing rain storm here but thankfully we did not lose power like a lot of folks did, and some still don’t have it on. It turned very mild yesterday and all the ice melted; today, it was freezing cold. For those of you who live in the deep south and have no idea what an ice storm is; here’s a couple photos of our neighbour’s tree covered in ice. Some people had an inch of ice on their windshield! Lots of branches and even trees down from the weight of the ice.

 



    I managed to have a little me-time this past week and went down to the lower studio (aka the basement) and made some cards. Here’s a vintage anniversary card I made featuring two of Tim Holtz’s paper dolls.

 


 I was looking at the T.H. paper dolls and found the bride; then the man that I decided looked like a groom, and I just had to make a card using them. I had no idea how to pull this off so I just started flicking through these ephemera booklets and found the old ticket stubs, the bible, flowers and envelope, plank and decided to make them work. The first thing I did was run a black pen around the outside edges of the man and bride. I just don’t like white edges showing. Then I sponged brown ink around the edges of all the other embellishments. This helps with the vintage look.

 Then I had to decide what to mount them all on. So, the background started out as white cardstock; sponged blue Distress inks around the entire thing, keeping the lighter blue to the middle. Water was splattered on to create some depth. Then Distress Oxide ink Vintage Photo was sponged around the outside edge. Both blue and brown inks were watered down and  splattered onto the finished background. A gold peel-off was added to the envelope for the sentiment.

After that it was just a matter of deciding where everything would go and gluing the down. This was a fun card to make. I enjoyed the entire process.

That’s all for a cold Friday, February 24, 2023. Have a safe and creative weekend everyone and if possible, do a random act of kindness.

 Cheers

Violet

Ps: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply over over the image until the “Pin It” symbol appears and then click …. be patient, it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear you came through the ice unscathed. We are expecting some stormy weather Sunday evening i think as a front comes through.. Hopefully we'll get a little rain though.. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...