Sunday, December 3, 2023

Scrappy Quilts

 We are into December already. This year has flown by faster than any other. The snow we had is long gone, thanks to the relentless rain we’ve been having….cold rain too. It’s just barely above freezing here and yet still raining. Oh well, it could be worse - it could be snow!

 I mentioned in a previous post about two quilts I made for a women’s shelter way, way up north - so far up north it’s a fly-in only community, except in the winter when the lakes freeze over and they drive trucks over it - yikes! Not for the faint of heart that’s for sure. So, here is one of the two quilts - both made exactly the same. I love making scrappy quilts.


I did not have a pattern for this, which is just as well as I really don’t like following patterns much. I saw a quilt like this on Pinterest and thought it looked easy enough to make and it would use up a lot of scraps. I was originally going to make the long rectangles about 6.6 inches by 2.5 but when looking through some bins of scraps I found a stack of 6 x 2.5 rectangles so I just cut the rest the same size. The white squares are 2.5.

 This would be a good beginner quilt if they had scraps. You just have to sew one 2.5 each square to each rectangle. Then sew these to each other depending on how wide you want the quilt. Then sew in rows alternating a white square on one row with a rectangle on the next. That was you get that nice pattern the white squares make. Just avoid directional prints because for sure and for certain, one will end up upside down - no need to ask how I know this!

That’s all for a cold and rainy December 3, 2023. Today was hubby’s birthday but it was a quiet day indoors but Chinese food for supper and I made him a lemon cream cheese birthday cake.

Cheers

Violet

Ps: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply over over the image until the “Pin It” symbol appears and then click …. be patient, it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...