Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day everyone. Hubby and I agreed long, long time ago not to get caught up in the gift/flower buying bit for holidays. I remember when we started dating and Mother's Day was approaching and I said to him, "Mother's Day is coming. Remember this, I'm NOT your mother". He kind of looked at me for a minute and said, "Does that mean I'm not suppose to buy you a gift for Mother's Day". "Exactly - I'm not your mother". We don't bother with anniversary gifts either - maybe a nice meal out somewhere but likely just a BBQ at the lake and a bike ride.

So, I thought I'd share my current quilt hanging on the top railing. I made this last year as I didn't have anything for Valentine's Day and I wanted something I could leave up all month. It is based on a pattern I saw in a magazine but I rearranged everything to fit on one small quilt.


I think I took this one while it was hanging on the wall at the guild meeting for show and share so please excuse the tape!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...