Thursday, March 31, 2011

My first quilt!

I guess I should have posted this one first but I don't do "normal"! I pretty much post what ever pops into my head or the first thing I notice on my file of creations.

This is a wild and crazy quilt even for a crazy quilt. It contains all sorts of fabrics, not just cotton. There is bits and pieces of left over fabric from clothes I have made for myself and others, cut up extra pillow cases and a sheet. When we re-did our daughter's room after she left for college, I made the curtains out of an extra sheet I had bought for that purpose and the left over of that project is in there too. Most of the plain squares have hand embroidered flowers, animals, etc or family initials (I realized doing this that we have a lot of family members who's name starts with a "J") and in others I stitched on store bought embellishments.

Here is a close up shot of one of a section of the quilt. Each seam has either rickrack, ribbon or decorative stitching on it...some by machine, others by hand. Took me months to finish it but at that time I could only work on it a bit at a time. I just did a wild meandering stitch to quilt it. I added a few buttons here and there too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...