Saturday, April 2, 2011

Frustrations and an Easter Bunny

I don’t know about you but 6:00 a.m. on a Saturday morning, or any morning actually, is way to early to be up and had breakfast and be ready to go – no where! That’s right, woke up way too early and was lying in bed staring at the ceiling at 5:30 and decided I may as well get up. Gonna be a long day!

Yesterday was a bit of a frustrating day. Last summer we bought a JVC HD camcorder and I thought I’d take it bird watching this May to try to get some pictures of the birds that refuse to sit still so I can get a good shot with my Canon. We also decided it was imperative that we have a spare, fully charged battery with us at all times. So, off we went to Staples where we bought the camcorder. No battery in stock and it’s not even on their list so they cannot order one in. Odd! So we went to the Battery Boy thinking for sure they would have one, or could get one. These guys have every battery you can think of – except the one we need!

OK, back home lets try JVC’s own site. Nope, no batteries so I emailed them. Must admit I was surprised to receive an answer within an hour advising me they don’t sell batteries (which I knew) but they gave me a reference to where I should be able to get one. Went thru 17 pages of batteries on that site without seeing the one I need. So, I emailed them but it was close to 5:00 by then and I don’t except to hear back until next week now.

Always something!

But I do have something to show you. This is my Easter Bunny.



It is cut out of thick wood. The carrot, hands and feet were cut separately and then glued on so it is really a 3-D piece - and you don't need glasses to see it! My daughter's mother-in-law and her sister-in-law are also tole painters so they invited me and some other friends to have a painting get-together. Such fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...