Thursday, May 19, 2011

Water colour quilt



This is what is known as a water colour quilt...the camera flash sort of lightened the middle of! Each piece of the background starts out as a 2" square and you first lay it out so it forms a nice pattern. This one is just free form, not an actual pattern and if you follow my blog at all you know that following a pattern is not my thing. I decided to use the blue squares to look like a pond with the red flowers floating in it. There are a few squares I would change if I could but over-all it's OK. But when I got the background finished I decided it was just too darn plain for me so I drew a simple bird house, fused it on and added the black bias tape to look like stain glass. I had some material with butterflies on so I cut out pairs and fused them together and added them just down the body so the wings were loose. Still not enough! So, I had some dragonfly appliques from Fabricland and I added them. Now its done.  It's hanging on the black iron railing at the top of the stairs and will be for another week or so. I change them month by month - if I remember!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...