Friday, July 22, 2011

Bellarific Friday entry July 22, 2011

This week's Stampin' Bella challenge was to create a card based on a sketch they provided. We could make it round or square. I chose to make mine square.



Yup, still making Christmas cards! The background paper was from Paper Wishes and came pre-embossed. I mixed up some rubbing alcohol, water and perfect pearls into a Tim Holtz mini-mister, shook it well and sprayed it on. Not bad! Trouble was, when I wiped off the excess I realized some of the spray was coming off the non-embossed area. So I took it outside and sprayed it with a sealant and let that dry. The stamp was coloured with TomBow markers and a Dove blender pen. I picked up an acrylic sheet from one of the dollar stores and I rub the maker on it, then pick up the colour with the Dove blender. This gives a muted colour. The leaves and berries were coloured directly by the marker. Of course, some glitter had to be added to give it some shine.

The circle and scalloped circle were cut with Spellbinders' dies. In the photo, the scalloped one looks blue but it is actually a dark purple and is the back of the shiny purple of the circle. I had originally cut some green foliage with my Martha Stewart punch but I didn't like it with the purple so I just some purple ones and I liked it much better. I cut the tag with another die and stamped the sentiment and added the bow I made.

These are non-traditional Christmas colours but I have one daughter that loves purple so she may get this card.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...