Saturday, September 10, 2011

Bookmarks

Last winter I made some corner bookmarks for my daughters and their families - we are all big time readers! Apparently my then 6 year old grandson also grabbed a couple for his books - yes, his mom or dad will read to them every night. Well, after a year in Grade 1 he can now read on his own and does so every night. He asked his mom if grandma could make him some "kids" bookmarks - so of course, I did. Here they are.


Hard to tell from this scanned image but the corner of the book's page, slips in under where the picture is. I didn't want his 4 year old brother left out so I made one for him too.

Then I was on a bookmark making roll so I made some for adults.





Fun to make, easy to make. Just do a Google search on corner bookmarks and you will find lots of different ideas and sizes. I made and gave a lot of these for the "lunch bunch" group last winter too (a few of us ladies have lunch out every Wednesday) and they seemed to like them. Good way to use up those small scraps too. The stamp is from a Stampin' Up set.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...