Friday, September 16, 2011

Costume Time

Last October I made Jack his Harry Potter costume for Halloween. We were all together for our Thanksgiving so it was trying on for size time. I even made the Hogwarts badge for his cape because you can't buy them. Seth was using a costume I had made for Jack a couple of years ago so I didn't have to make one for him. However, the boys love playing dress-up so I found a cape and wizard hat at the thrift store and picked it up for their dress-up box. Seth loved them.


These pages went together pretty quickly because of the straight line of photos and then one on each page on an angle which is a standard design for a two-page layout. Mimic one page in reverse. Simple but effective and it works every time.. The main title letters came from the dollar store but they were a shiny silver. I just pounced some alcohol ink on them to tone them down and have them match the purple in the layout. The journal tags were printed out and then I inked them up and stitched in a crooked line (on purpose people) to add some dimension. I also stitched several crooked lines behind the title before adhering the letters.

Here are the close-ups.
 Our Seth has a million dollar smile!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...