Thursday, September 15, 2011

Family Thanksgiving Feast Layout

This two page layout is from Thanksgiving 2010 which we celebrated with my daughter's in-laws and their family. Nice that we all get along and can share good times together.

I used an off-white, almost light grey background and then cut out some pattern paper to link the two sides together. Our Canadian Thanksgiving is in October (and as you can see from the one photo, it was so warm a lot of us ate outside on the patio) but I wanted to keep a fall colour palette so I used the burnt orange and blue paper. I printed out the journal tag and then inked around the edges to soften it and blend it in. The light background on the right side was too stark so I added the orange corner tab, plus one on the left side as well, and then added a left over shape to the bottom on the right. This layout was just calling for buttons because some were printed on the small squares. The large button looks like a leather button but it is actually paper. I cut out the dark burnt orange paper using a button die (I think from Sizzix), doubled it and then inked the edges. I cut out the "family" word to mimic an oak leaf and inked it as well...gotta love those Distress inks for shading edges.

Here are the close-up of each page.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...