Friday, October 14, 2011

Bellarific Friday entry October 14, 2011

Will it ever stop raining? According to the weather network, it will in about a week!
Oh well, no use fretting about something you cannot control. Hubby does. I keep telling him not to worry about the possibility of rain, if you are concerned, carry an umbrella, and if you get caught in the rain, just dance in the rain and enjoy it. He thinks I'm nuts...but still loves me. He gets annoyed sometimes because I don't worry about anything. I tell him I don't have to because he worries enough for two people.

Anyway, Stampin' Bella's challenge for this week was to make a card using Halloween colours, not Halloween stamps, just colours. Well, to me purple, green and a big yellow moon means Halloween as much as the traditional orange and black. Here's what I came up with.


Sorry about the glare. After the images were coloured (Prismacolor pencils and gamsol) and dried I went over them with a VersaMark pen, sprinkled on some clear embossing powder and embossed them. I like that look but the camera doesn't.

Look closely and you will see that the images were stamped on a panel and then attached to the card base and the moon then extended onto the panel. Cool effect!
OK, confession. It was to cover up a boo-boo. I made the background and it was my intention to stamp the Bella's birds on it but I goofed and stamped the bird on an angle. Duh! I should have used my Stamp-a-Ma-Jig but I didn't. I really liked the background and didn't want to waste it. I hate waste. So I stamped the birthday monsters on a panel and did the colouring and then attached them over the boo-boo and extended the moon. I actually liked it better then what I had originally planned to do. Sometimes happy accidents are a good thing. But then I decided it was just too plain so I cut out the Tim Holtz flourish, inked over it with a couple different purples to get the colour I wanted and attached it. After doing a little stitching, it was done. The sentiment was from another Bella stamp set and was stamped with black ink but didn't show up very well so I went over it with a black gel pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...