Monday, October 10, 2011

Mixed Media Challenge for October 10, 2011

What a beautiful Thanksgiving weekend. We spent two days visiting one of our daughters and her husband and most adorable little boy ever. So cute our Finn.

But, now we're home and its back to just us. Boring. Grandchildren certainly light up our world when we get to see them. You'll see pictures of him when I get around to posting some more scrapbook pages.

The mixed media challenge this week from Stampin' Bella was to do a piece using your favorite colour. I'm one of those odd ducks that don't have just one favorite colour...never have. I love them all I think. But, I do like blue a lot so I went with that one. Here is my creation.

Can't say I'm too crazy about it but as we were going away for the weekend, I didn't have time to redo it. There is scrapbook paper, paint, gesso, fabric, pens and fabric paint on this as well as Distress inks and stencils. The tree on the left and furthest back is painted on, the other two are fabric which I cut out and used a stencil to add even more dimension to them. The small dotted fabric at the bottom is fabric too. The large buck is also a stencil, a brass stencil, that I scrapped fabric paint over - which turned out to be glittery when dry. Mmmmhhhh not what I had in mind but it sort of looks like the sun or moon is shining on him. It didn't want to scrape off so once again, it is what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...