Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas 2011 - and a scrapbook layout

Wishing all my blog readers a very Merry Christmas. This is the quietest Christmas I can ever remember - and the greenest. Our grass is as green now as it was in the summer - actually it looks better - no bare spots that were burnt off by the summer sun. Our family is very spread out thru Ontario, and with all the girls and their husbands working (which is a blessing), it is hard to get everyone together. Besides, I do believe that once the married children have children of their own, they should start their own family traditions and the parents participating should be secondary. That way, when the parents are no longer on this earth, it does not tarnish Christmas. This happened to us when our beloved mother died at age 55. We all had to struggle to find our own Christmas traditions. Best to do that right from the start.

So, its just hubby and I here - and he has such a bad cold we are not going anywhere. He has one sister where we live but her immune system is not very strong so the last thing she needs is a cold. I think we will postpone visiting and gift exchange until he feels better. Like I said, very quiet around here.

But I thought I'd post another scrapbook page. This one was from Christmas 2007. We all love animals and the daughters all have dogs and cats....and they all come for Christmas as you will see in the following pages.


Yup, two Great Pyrenees and three black labs back then. I love the Great Pyrs. If anyone is looking for a large dog that is great with children, check them out. My oldest daughter helps rescue neglected and abused Great Pyrenees and fosters them until homes are found for them. The three labs were all rescue dogs too. One from a local person who could not care for it properly, and the other two are brothers brought up to Canada after Hurricane Katrina as they were abandoned during that terrible hurricane. They are well loved now.
Here's a close up of the pages.

Well, the Tofurky roast is thawed and ready to go into the oven with the veggies so making Christmas dinner will be so easy and quick I think I'll go and make some more cards!!

Merry Christmas everyone. Here's wishing everyone a Happy, Healthy and Creative 2012!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...