Friday, January 13, 2012

Bellarific Friday January 13 2012

Snow! We have snow in South Western Ontario. First real snow fall of the year and we have lots!....figures seeing as it is also Friday the 13th! In December we had a dusting of snow that was gone by 10:00 a.m. and when hubby looked out at 8:00 a.m. he said "This is a disaster"! Yeah, he hates snow and winter. You can imagine how happy he is this morning if he considered the dusting a disaster. We normally get our neighbour to clear the driveway with his snow blower but we saw him out shoveling his this morning. Oh oh. Hope hubby doesn't have to shovel!

Stampin' Bella's card challenge is back. Every Friday she posts the cards people have made for that week's challenge. This week was a sketch. Here's mine.





Its bright I know! Not my colours at all but my friend runs a day care and she makes quilts for them in real bright colours and she keeps telling me that kids love bright colours. So, now when I'm making cards for kids I try to remember that and make it in what they may like, not what I like. I ran the yellow paper thru the embossing folder but I found it too much so I flipped it over and used the debossed side. Its amazing how doing that tones it down. The teal blue and the green were from the stash. The polka dot piece was just plain white and I stamped teal dots on it using a stamp that I've had for awhile and never fund a use for before. The cat (and the sentiment) is from Stampin' Bella of course because you have to use her image stamps to enter the challenge. I ran the edge of the circle with teal ink before mounting it on to the scallop circle just to make it pop. The cat was coloured with Prismacolor markers and blended with gamsol. The bow is one from the shoe factory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...