Monday, January 16, 2012

"I WILL Reduce My Stash" - Art Journal Monday

So tired. I'm so tired. I didn't get to sleep last night until after 3:00...and yet I was so tired when I went to bed but then, eyes wide open staring at a dark ceiling. Toss, turn, roll-over, and repeat about 100 times and that was my night. Finally at 2:30 I turned the alarm off. I just knew there was no way I was getting up at 7:00 and going to Aqua Fit after tossing and turning all night - an extra hour or so of sleep was needed more....and I didn't crawl out of bed until 8:15....too bad it wasn't 10:15 and maybe I'd feel better. Oh well, as long as I keep moving I should be able to stay awake until tonight.

Art Journal Monday is back! Emily at Stampin' Bella gives us suggestions to do an art journal page each week. This week it was to do a page about our New Year's Resolution, or if you we didn't actually follow that custom, do something important to us. Well, I'm not much of a resolution person but this year I did vow to reduce my fabric stash. I am NOT buying more fabric to sit on the shelf until I use up a whole lot of my stash. OK, confession, I did have to go to the fabric store to get a piece of black and wood grain fabric to be able to finish my canning jar quilt but that was all I bought ....but I did drool over some of his other fabric...sorry about that Rick!

Back to the AJ page. I decided to create a page with me being swamped with fabric. Here it is.

Yup, that's suppose to be me under a pile of fabric. Not much else to say about it. The background has many layers of ink, paint, gesso, stencils and tissue paper and the fabric pieces were cut from a magazine ans glued down. Then I shaded them with a brown pen and then outlined with black ink. A quick sketch of just my eyes peeking out above the stash was all it needed to set the stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...