Tuesday, January 17, 2012

"Its the BIG One" Birthday Card

Snow is gone!!! That is one good thing about living in South Western Ontario - don't like the weather?  wait 12 hours, it will change! We had a good dumping of snow on Saturaday and it was about -14C on Sunday, today it is 8C and raining.

I didn't get to Aqua Fit yesterday but we did get groceries and getting groceries in the SuperStore is a work out - that is one big store! Then after we got the groceries put away and had lunch, we went for a walk downtown and back - about an hour and twenty minutes or so. Today is not looking like a walk day!

Today I'm posting another fish card - my cousin's husband really liked the first fish card I made and sent to him. Actually my husband saw it sitting by the computer and said "Wow, I really like that card"! I seldom show him what I make and when I do I get the same pat answer "Oh, that's nice". If you want to see the first fish card you will have to go to "older posts" and scroll down a bit.

This card would be good for a guy reaching one of the milestones - 30, 40, 50, 60, etc. Age is very unimportant to me and I don't care who knows may age. Most people don't believe I'm 64 years old so that is a bit of a compliment. But, some people do celebrate (or try to ignore) the decades so here's the card.

I'm still using the Donna Dewberry fish. This time I painted it with Twinkling H20's from LuminArts that I bought at the Paper Pickle - yeah, the Pickle gets most of my crafting dollars. Then I added some pink Stickles to the belly part. The fishing lures also came with the Donna Dewberry paper pack and after colouring them with Tombow markers, I added glossy accents to make them shine. The sentiment was printer generated and I sized it to fit on the tags from Quickutz.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...