Sunday, February 12, 2012

Calendar Pictures

Whenever we have a blizzard here, I get the urge to either (a) Quilt (b) read a book (c) cook (d) craft.  Yesterday (c) won out. Most of the afternoon was spent in the kitchen and now the freezer is well stocked with red cabbage and apples (yummy) and barley/mushroom soup..and a lemon pie - but not in the freezer. I seldom eat desserts (hubby is a cookie monster but not me) but once a week we usually have a piece of pie - mostly fruit pies - but yesterday I saw a box of lemon pie filling and decided to make it too. Not much cooking today -the blizzard has passed but its now (d)'s turn - crafting!


Because the computer was in the hospital for most of January I didn't get a chance to show you the picture on our calendar for January. This is one of those wooden calendars that you can change the month and date.
Like this one.
Most of them have one picture painted on the top but I thought that was too boring so I painted a picture for each month and/or season. Keep in mind these were painted years ago when I first started to tole paint.
Here is January's picture.
No pattern for this one required. Just a group of snowpeople and I tried to give each one their own personality. Some of it worked, some I would do differently.

This is February's Picture.

I did get this picture from a paint magazine I picked up. I didn't want anything too mushy - hubby has to look at these too and lets face it, mush is not a man's thing. I think it worked OK for February.  I used to have a Raggedy Ann doll when I was a kid (who didn't back in the 40's and 50's) so it was a reminder of my childhood too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...