Saturday, February 11, 2012

Soft Wine Sympathy Card

What a blizzard we are having! It started to snow yesterday afternoon and hasn't quit yet. Glad I don't have anywhere that I absolutely have to go to today because I'm not leaving my warm cozy house. We've been lucky here in Chatham because its been above normal temperature most of the winter and I think this is only the third time we've had enough snow to have to shovel (or get the neighbour to snow-blow) the driveway. So, I should get some more crafting in today. Yesterday I was having an "off" day - my brain disorders do not like storms coming. I spent some time in the morning installing a few more programs and after lunch I tried to do some quilting. Sew a seam, rip a seam, sew a seam, rip a seam, sew a seam and throw it in the corner and forget it. Time to get out of the house and run some errands. Hopefully today I'll have more concentration.

This card is a very soothing sympathy card, I think.


I started with a soft blue card base. I mounted the flowered paper onto another blue cardstock that had a redish tinge to it. Then I wrapped a wine ribbon around the left side. I stamped and embossed the bird on a branch onto the same cardstock that the flowered paper was mounted to and inked the edges with a soft wine ink. The bow was added and the sentiment is from a peel and stick sheet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...