Thursday, March 29, 2012

Birthday Wishes Card

March will be known as "going to various doctors" month for me. Besides physio for the tennis elbow, which is not responding well so we are going to try acupuncture tomorrow, today I'm off to see the opthamologist for my yearly visit and next week I have to squeeze in a trip to Windsor to have some deep cleaning of the gums done. Thank goodness I have health benefits!

Today I'm posting one of my favorite cards I have made this spring - prior to the tennis elbow.

I really liked how this soft subtle card went together. After covering the card base with the soft background paper, I rounded the corners and inked the edges. I die cut the fancy circle, the scallop circle and the round circle using Spellbinder dies. I stamped the sentiment on the white circle after light brushing pink chalk on it. It needed something else so I stamped the sentiment again on scrap paper, masked it and then stamped some swirls and leaves around it. The flowers were die cut and embossed with Stampin' Up dies and I added pearls to the centre. I wasn't crazy about these dies when I first bought them but it was because I was using dark paper. Once I switched to light paper and sponged the edges with ink, I like them. The leaves are from a Sizzix die. After adhering it all together, I added a bow I tied. All the circles were offset on purpose.

1 comment:

  1. So cute! Hope you'll join me again at 52 Card Pickup...there's a giveaway this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/03/52-card-pickup-week-13-giveaway.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...