Saturday, April 21, 2012

CPS 261 Challenge - Seagull Card

Last night I had a couple of hours so I headed for the lower studio (aka the basement) to have a little art therapy. I finished up an Art Journal page that will be posted on Monday and made a couple of cards. Too many things on the go right now is cutting into my "art time" but I make the best of it when I can.

The CPS blog (Card Positioning System) posts a sketch each week for us to follow. We can use any manufacturers stamps and papers. This is what I created. Check them out if out like working with sketches. I download them to my computer and then print them out, nine on a page, wallet size.

I took a little liberty on the sketch. The patterned paper was suppose to be straight but I liked it better tipped. The photo is one I took last year in Sarnia. The sentiment was added using Photoshop Elements 9. The background paper is white with a light blue marble on it but the blue does not show up in the photo. It looked like it needed something so I did a pen stitch around the edge.
The sketch called for a sentiment on an oval in the lower right corner but because I already had the sentiment in the photo, I cut out a star, pen stitched in the centre to mimic the background, and attached it with glue dots for some dimension. The glue dots are white but they show a wee bit so I coloured them blue with a TomBow marker.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...