Monday, May 14, 2012

"FLY" - Art Journal Monday

Well, its Monday, once again, and this time I actually found time to do a little art journal piece. The theme suggested by Emily at Stampin' Bella's blog was to include wiggles or stripes in the piece. I sort of, maybe, almost, included them. See what you think.

Butterflies again. I love butterflies and the little dots, dashes and squiggles I figured were close enough to count. If not, oh well!

I just took a piece of art journal paper and wet it really well and sprayed on some  yellow, green, and blue inks and let them mingle and mix and let it dry on it's own. I liked it just as it was so I left it alone and didn't add anything else. The butterflies were cut from a package of napkins I picked up at the dollar store. It was a small 4" pack and I figured the butterflies were likely just printed on the one corner facing out but to my surprise there were butterflies all over the napkin. Sweet! I just cut them apart, removed the two white linings (yes, three layers on napkins from the dollar store) and used Mod Podge to glue them down. I wrote the word "fly" and then made some of it thick and then added green shading.

It just makes me smile when I look at it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...