Wednesday, May 16, 2012

One Stamp, Two Cards, with two different looks

Just got home from taking the sister-in-law to another doctor's appointment in Windsor - very tired. I think Joe and I both had too much sun, wind and exercise yesterday and we were over tired and neither one of us could fall into a deep sleep last night. I'm ready for a nap!

But, before I nap, if I do, I thought I'd post two cards I made a few weeks ago. I like to give my self challenges - as if life it self is not enough of a challenge!
So, I took one stamp, stamped it two ways and got two totally different looking cards.

First card:
For this card I wanted something soft and soothing so I chose some light pinky/beige background paper and found some soft plain blue that made a nice contrast. I stamped the image on white cardstock with some pretty blue ink and let it dry. Then I scribbled some Tombow markers on a piece of plastic, used a wet paint brush and painted in some colour. One tiny gem was added to the middle of the pink flower. I rubbed some pink chalk around the edges while it was still in the Spellbinder square die I used to cut and emboss it. Then I mounted it on the Spellbinder square scallop die and adhered it to the pink background paper. I die cut the ribbon tag with a different Spellbinder die and ran a ribbon thru it and behind the pink paper using some double sided tape. Then the entire thing was glued to the card base. I used a gold peel-and-stick sticker for the sentiment.

Next card:


Same stamp but this time I stamped it in black and used the Tombow markers right on to the cardstock so the colours were a little brighter and added green on the stamped swirl. Three gems were added on this card. I used the same dies but used blue chalk for around the image and blue background paper. The sentiment was a silver one instead of a gold one on this card.

Same stamp, two totally different looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...