Thursday, January 17, 2013

Bottoms Up

OK, first of all, if you do not have a weird sense of humour or are easily offended you may not want to see this card I'm posting. I took it to the quilt guild meeting last night and everyone thought it was hilarious. I also sent it to my cousin's husband and they both thought it was funny too. But, again, you have been warned.

OK, here it is:

Nothing offensive yet right! I took this picture at the Royal Botanical Gardens in Aldershot ON last October. Right after I took it the duck flipped upside down and right away this idea for a funny card popped into my brain.

Here's the inside:

Now, I'm not a drinker, never have been and neither is hubby but I've been around for 65 years and I know the drinkers always say "Bottoms Up" when they take a drink of beer - which I refer to as slug bait by the way. Did you know if you put beer in a shallow tin, like a tuna can, and bury it in the garden so the lip is even with the ground the slugs will crawl in and never come out. Hence the name, slug bait.  Anyway, when the bird flipped upside down this card idea popped into my head. Then I had to follow the duck around to get just the right shot. Once again hubby told me I would be the only one who would think this was funny (boy was he wrong this time) but he waited patiently while I followed the duck.

Hope this gave you a laugh too.


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...