Sunday, May 27, 2012

Merry Monday Challenge #21

I didn't think I was going to get this card done in time to enter it into the challenge over at the "Always playing with Paper" blog; but, they are calling for 60% chance of a thunderstorm this morning - not a good idea to be out on bicycles during a thunderstorm - so I hurried down to the studio and finished up this card. I had the image (Stampin' Bella) coloured up but the card was not assembled.

Their only rule is to make a Christmas card each week from the sketch they provide so at the end of the year you will have all your cards made - that is why I try to do their challenge each week.

This little dog was coloured with water colour pencils, blended with water of course. The paper is from a paper pack from Paper Wishes that I bought a couple of years ago. The sticky-backed lace is actually from Dollarama. Several strips in various shapes and designs for a $1.00. Couldn't pass them by and I bought a few different colours. Not sure if they are still available or not. That's the thing with dollar stores, if you see something you know you will use a lot, stock up, because it may never show up again.




3 comments:

  1. Very cute card, that image is darling.Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one happy looking puppy, Violet! Pretty papers and I love that sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute and well done on getting it dne on time ... I was late with mine this week too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...