Saturday, September 15, 2012

Birds, Blooms and Nature

Nothing much happens when you are sick and don't leave the house so not much to report. Hopefully I get out for a walk today - I need some fresh air and sunshine!
So, here are a few pictures I've taken during our recent walks at Rondeau Provincial Park - and my garden. Hope you enjoy them.

A flower from my garden. They come up every year but I have no idea what they are.

Buckeye Butterfly

The Mighty Monarch

I love this one! The tree itself is dead but some seeds nestled into the area where the bark was gone and started to grow. This is where Joe and I differ. I find nature fascinating and he simply enjoys it. Neither one is better or right, we all just see the world thru our own eyes.

A close-up of the plant.

A Tufted Titmouse.

Same Titmouse on the feeder

A wasp nest I noticed deeper into the bush.
I didn't go off the path but took this from where we were standing.

The Lesser Yellowleg in flight.
Birds in flight are not easy to photograph so I'm happy I got this one in focus.

The Lesser Yellowleg by the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...