Friday, September 14, 2012

Just Married - a Bellariffic Friday Card

Sick update - nothing new to report. Well, maybe slightly less sore throat but not enough to say I'm much better.

It started raining here in the middle of the night and its still raining and apparently will continue most of the day. A good day to stay inside. Yesterday was hot and humid and for the first time in almost two weeks we had to switch the A/C on. Today I'm wearing a sweater. Welcome to weather in Ontario! Speaking of A/C, we had an unusual occurrence on Monday night. It was about 11:15 pm and we were turning off lights in the rec room when we heard a noise that seemed to come from the basement. But it didn't stay on for more then about 10 seconds. Then it came on again and went off again a couple more times. Joe checked it out and the furnace, which had been off for days, decided to come on by itself. Odd. He turned the whole thing off by a switch in the basement which, quite honestly, I didn't know was there and we called the repair company in the morning. The repairman found a fried centipede in the furnace near the switch so he figures this bug (which gives me the creeps) crawled into the furnace, touched some switch and fried himself and set the timer off and on. No other damage that he can see unless the critter also damaged the circuit board which we won't know until the furnace is on for good. Worked fine yesterday so fingers crossed. $90.00 to remove a fried bug!

This week's challenge at Stamping Bella was to make a card using a button or a bow...and one of her stamps of course. I picked a new stamp that I hadn't used yet.


Not much colouring on this image. It was stamped on white cardstock with Archival Ink and coloured with Prismacolor pencils and gamsol. I wanted to keep it light and airy so I did a light grey/silver for the car. The grooms hair was black (part of the stamp) so I couldn't do the top hat black so I opted for grey there too. The background paper is very pretty in real life - some of the white lines are embossed with silver or white. It was too much all by itself so the black strip along the left just balanced it better. But of course, the black was too plain and I happened to have a package of silver peel-and-stick strips and one had hearts on it - perfect! It was a dilemma as to how to colour in the bells and flowers and his hat band but then I remembered the bride verse - "Something borrowed, something blue" so blue it was. A Tombow marker was used to colour in some of the flowers on the background page to tie it in. Spellbinder dies, of course, for the square and the scallop square. Once it was all adhered down, the blue bow was added and the the three very shiny blue pearls. The Dollar store had a package of pearls in shapes, one of which was hearts, so I peeled one off and added it to the bow. Stickles to the flowers in the bride's headband and bells and clear Stickles to the veil just finished it off. Oh, I also added some Glossy Accent to the tail lights and sign on the back of the car. I like this one.


2 comments:

jinxxxygirl said...

I like this card too! :) I don't know if i was that repairman i'd be embarressed to charge you $90 for a fried bug! Geesh! But i guess he has to eat too. :) Hugs! deb

Patrice said...

Love your card - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup again this week!
http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/09/52-card-pickup-week-37.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...