Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Fall Harvest - an Art Journal Page

Wow, we heard the biggest thunder clap ever heard last night. It shook the house. We live about two blocks from a railway line and I was afraid two trains hit each other head on it was that loud. So, for the rest of the night and still today I'm under attack from the brain disorders that do not like thunder storms. For all you medical people out there who are dying to know what I have but are too polite to ask, here's the lowdown. I have both Trigeminal Neuralgia and Hemifacial Paralysis. In 2000 I underwent exploratory brain surgery because they couldn't find the cause of my pain. The doctor was reluctant to do the surgery because it was so risky but I was tired of the constant pain and told him to book it and I'd take my chances. It turned out they had to do a double micro-vascular decompression of the 5th and 7th cranial nerves, and the 6th nerve was slightly damage during surgery.  The neurosurgeon had never had to perform this surgery in over 35 years of his career. I thank God for guiding his hands. It was not a cure as the nerves were permanently damaged but the pain is much less and less frequent so to me, it was well worth it.

So, now that that's out of the way, on to the post. This week's challenge at Stamping Bella was to draw a picture using only a pencil, black pencil, no colouring at all. OK, I am NOT an artist. I've never taken a drawing lesson except the so-called art class in high school over 50 years ago which were pretty lame back then. Doodling is more my style! I wasn't even going to bother but then I decided to go for it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Here it is.

You can just barely see the outline of the page from the book. I figured how hard would it be to draw something simple like a leaf, grapes and a pear. Turned out it was not that hard at all. Again, I'm NO artist and never will be and I'm happy just puddling along with what I do but at least this was one good enough to post without embarrassing myself too much. I do enough of that without even trying!!!!



2 comments:

  1. I think you did a maa-hvelous job!! Did you enjoy drawing it? Perhaps you will do more?

    I woke up this morning with a killer headache but i can only imagine what you must go thru......thank you so much for sharing....

    I think mine is from caffiene withdrawal.......lol.....Over the last couple months i've been cutting back a little at a time...First went the caffienated sodas and now i bought half/caff coffee for the morning and i think maybe the body is complaining....

    Ahhh thunder... i don't think i get thunder in CA...rainy season is coming up...i'll let you know. OH! I turned off the word verification on my blog....i hate that thing...so far the spam-bots have left me alone...cross your fingers....Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you kidding, Violet? That is an awesome drawing!! You are much more talented than you give yourself credit! Keep drawing!! Love all your art journal pages!! {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...