Thursday, September 20, 2012

Quilted Family Tree

Many thanks for the kind comments on my Fall Harvest Art Journal page. I still maintain I'm no artist but I can doodle and sketch things out if I have something to follow. There's that expression every one knows "Jack of all trades, master of none"! Well, that's me to a "T". I enjoy so many different arts and crafts but have taken very few classes to really learn the ins and outs of them. I'm pretty much self-taught and I love to experiment so I'm happy with not being an expert at any of them. It's all just for my entertainment and enjoyment, not a career....but I thank you just the same.

Sore throat update - still there and still no voice. Yesterday my voice would come back  softly but then an hour later, gone again. Today, no voice at all. There is no fever so it's likely just a virus that has to run its course. There was a workshop at the quilt guild yesterday that I was signed up for so I went, then came home for a quick rest and even quicker supper and back to the church for the guild meeting. Long day but we learned a new block for using up scraps of fabric so that was good.

My friend had a template to make a quilted family tree quilt so I borrowed it to make one too. Unfortunately I set it in with my quilt books and forgot about it for about a year (sorry Phene) but as soon as it was found, it was made. Here it is.

The leaves are batik fabric and each one has names of the girls and their spouses and then one leaf for each grandchild, and a few extras - just in case!! They say no more grandchildren but they could adopt some so they would need a leaf too. If not, great grandchildren I guess. At any rate, it was a fun project.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...