Friday, September 28, 2012

Get Well Soon - A Bellariffic Friday Card

What a great day we had today. Joe and I headed out to Point Pelee just before noon, stopping for a veggie burger at A&W for lunch and then we walked, walked, walked all afternoon. Not many monarch butterflies but dozens of Blue Jays and other birds. Unfortunately most of the birds were either too far into the bush or too far into the leaves to get any great shots, but we sure got our exercise. This is the first day that I can say my throat is not sore and the laryngitis did come back all day. Finally!

Today's card is one I made for the challenge at Stamping Bella. If you have any of her stamps, play along each week.

Stamped on white cardstock and coloured with Prismacolor pencils and gamsol. The paper is all from a paper pack that is likely out of circulation by now. I love this stamp. It could be used for a birthday or thinking of you card as well as "go-to stamp" for a get well card.

I just realized today that next weekend is our Canadian Thanksgiving. I usually have all the Halloween costumes done by then so the kids can try them on and I can make adjustments if necessary. None of the grandchildren live in the same city as us so it makes it tough to sew for them. I have a green Ninja suit and a pumpkin suit cut out and ready to sew. I also have two black Ninja suits cut out but they are for the dress up box so they can be done later. The big one is a shark costume for Jack and there are no shark costume patterns so I have to make my own using other patterns. I must get to this one tonight in spite of being tired. Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...