Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Happy Birthday Off Key

Busy day today. Unfortunately I missed Aqua Fit again - darn speech problems. When the brain disorders affect my speech, I do not drive. Not that my speech would impair my driving, but can you imagine what would happen if I got stopped in a road side police check for some reason? Trying to convince a police officer that I was not impaired would be a problem. So, hubby and I went and got groceries - big store, lots of walking. Then after lunch he suggested we take the leaves he had raked up over to the compost site. Man, was that place busy. I'm so happy that people in Chatham-Kent are into the composting and recycling in such a big way. We had to laugh though - about 90% of the people dropping off yard waste were retired men in their pick-up trucks! Men and trucks. It never ends. After that we walked thru the mall but didn't buy a thing, but at least we got some exercise in. I had to get the Tim Horton gift cards to put in the Christmas cards going to Canadian soldiers overseas so we opted to have a coffee there too. All that pretty much took care of the entire afternoon.

Today's card is from one of my favorite stamps - the lady singing off key!

This time I went with a brown tone. It was coloured with Prismacolor pencils and gamsol. The background paper are just two pieces of left over paper from other projects - this is why I don't throw anything out! I would like to get a different stamp for the sentiment though. The Happy Birthday is a bit too bold for this card. The music notes were from a set of tiny alphabet/number set that my daughters gave me. The bow is from some ribbon I picked up at Dollarama and I tied it using my home-made bow maker.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...