Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Love is just a word until.......

Yesterday was a balmy 5C here in Southern Ontario and hubby decided he just had to get out and do some yard work. He hasn't been out of the house for 10 or 11 days because of his coughing. His intention was to "mulch the leaves on the side of the house and cut the back grass and then have lunch and a hot shower and rest. I know him better then that! Yup, came in for lunch and went right back out and didn't come in until almost 4:00. Men! He says he feels "fine" today (would he admit to anything else?) but is a man of inaction once again! I asked him he wanted to go get groceries this afternoon and he said "Tomorrow". Yup, he's fine, sure he is.

This week's art journal challenge at Stamping Bella was to make a page using stickers.

I had made this house out of left over cardstock but never used it on a project so I decided this is the week it gets used. The background is once again a mixture of paint, ink, rub-ons and stencils. I punched out the little hearts to have them coming out of the chimney and liked the negative piece so much I couldn't bear to throw it away so I stuck it on too. I wasn't sure what verse I was going to use but then I came across this one on the Internet and loved it. Not sure you can read it from the picture but it says "Love is just a word until someone comes along and gives it meaning!" Love it!


3 comments:

  1. Love this card! Love the fact that it was made out of scraps. Just wonderful!

    My hubby is the same way....he can work himself into a frazzle.....and once he gets started doesn't want to stop even if its in his best interest to rest...sigh...men...but ya gotta love 'em...Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a delightful card-love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the quirkiness of this house and the different fonts you used for the wording.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...