Thursday, December 13, 2012

A Winter's Butterfly

I was just thinking getting my book and heading to bed to read for awhile but I had this nagging thought that I had forgotten to do something - then it hit me, I didn't update my blog today. It was a busy day today, one thing after another. I didn't get a good night's sleep last night so I didn't crawl out of bed until just after 8:00, so no Aqua Fit this morning, but hubby and I went for an almost 2 hour walk. It was a balmy 4C  (about 39F) which is pretty mild temperate here in Ontario in December. In fact, we were over dressed a bit in our winter coats and were happy to get home and get them off.

Church was a no-go last Sunday because of my brain disorders acting up so after lunch I drove down to the Church to get the poinsettias to take to the shut-ins I visit at the nursing home. Trouble is the flu bug has hit the home and no visitors are allowed on the floors. So, I had to leave the poinsettias at the front desk, along with one of my hand crafted Christmas cards for each of them, and they promised to deliver them. Hope all my "peeps" are doing OK. I dropped off a toy for the Goodfellows Christmas box at the Credit Union, made a quick run thru Value Village (didn't buy anything this time) and headed for home.

Back home and I quickly made Joe another batch of chocolate chip cookies. Then I hit the sewing room and cut out two pair of "Thomas the Train" pajamas for the youngest train loving 2 year old grandson. They may get sewn tomorrow, maybe not!

After supper I hit the lower studio and worked on my card for this week's challenge at Stamping Bella and got that sent off. Whew, tired so I watched some TV and here I am back at the computer. What a busy day.

Here's the card I made last night.


Believe it or not, the background of this card is exactly the same as the stamped and embossed snowflake lady - Tumbled Glass Distress Ink. I first inked the smooth side of the embossing folder and ran it thru the Cuttlebug. Then I stamped the image on another piece of white cardstock with a) VersaMark b) Tumbled Glass then I sprinkled on the light blue twinkling embossing powder and set it. I decided I wanted to cut the image out so I did! The sentiment came with the stamp (very old stamp). It was all mounted on a blue card base.

The camera would not take a good picture of this at all so I ran it thru my scanner - and the colour is still off. Oh well, trust me, it is much nicer in real life.

OK, that's it for tonight! See you all tomorrow.




1 comment:

  1. Love the twinkling and the sentiment. Snowflake as a butterfly how wonderful!!
    Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...