Thursday, December 27, 2012

Is it bicycle riding time yet?

OK, Christmas is over, bring on spring! We had just enough snow on the ground to say we had a white Christmas, as long as you looked outside before noon. By noon, the green grass was back. Yesterday was another story. We got hit by that huge storm that came up from Texas way and got dumped on. So many people think that all the cold air and storms come from Canada but it is not so. We share the blame with a lot of the American states. I had my sister and a friend and her family in the midst of travelling yesterday and happy to report all made it home safe and sound. We're waiting for our neighbour to use his snow blower to clear the driveway. Last winter we only had to get it cleared once! Yes, once. Not much snow last year and we hope this is the only storm this year. We had a few dusting of snow last year but Joe was able to clear it off with a shovel or we let it melt.

So, there's the snow report! I want to get the bikes out and start riding but I guess this will have to wait a few months yet. So, I made a card using my new bicycle stamp instead. Here it is.

This is one of those tiny .99 stamps from Hot Off the Press (Paper Wishes). I stamped it in brown ink and just coloured in the seat with a brown Distress Ink. It comes with the strings we used to attach to the handle bars so I stamped them in red. It also comes with that tiny flower stamp - not bad for .99. I stamped a few flowers right on the paper but then I stamped several on another piece of cardstock in various colours and after cutting them out (yes it was a pain) I inked the edges of each one and attached them with pop dots. After inking the edges of the rectangle I attached it to a piece of brown, the same colour as the card base I made and then attached it to the ivory paper. Gold peel-and-stick scalloped lines were added as accent. See those plain gold ones under the stamped image - confession time. I had to piece together the brown so to hide the seam, I just used left over pieces of gold  peel-and-stick lines to cover it up. That's why I never throw out those tiny pieces. They come in so handy.

Here is the inside of the card.

I just stamped the front part of the bicycle and the sentiment on the same paper as the front, added it to white and glued it to the card base. I was just going to do the rectangle but then I realized that writing would not show up very well on the brown so I added the white paper.


1 comment:

  1. Love this! Especially the two dimensional flowers! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...