Saturday, December 29, 2012

Left Over Card?

Snowing again! Our neighbour finally got around to clearing the driveway after supper last night. Guess he should have waited until tonight as it will likely need it again. Streets are slippery and its still snowing so I think we're grounded today. Hubby's doing laundry and I think I'll take the Christmas tree down. So exciting around here!

Yesterday I posted a card that had a green circle behind the stamped image. Today I'm posting the "left over" paper on another card.

I absolutely had to use this green paper in the other card because it was part of the same paper pack but then I wondered what to do with a 6" piece with a circle cut out. Well, this is what I did. I found another scalloped circle, the light purple, in the stash so I must have used the cut out portion on a card and stuck the rest in the stash. I ran it thru the Cuttlebug with the die back in and embossed the edges and did the same with the green scalloped edge. I had this flower already coloured up and it happened to match so I placed it behind the purple and then glued it all on a card base. I stamped the tag (Fiskars) on the same purple as the purple scallop and then stamped the sentiment in a darker purple. I re-stamped (Hero Arts) the flower on white cardstock using purple ink and cut out a few flowers. After sponging on some light pinky/purple chalk I glued them on and added tiny gems. Not too shabby for left over parts!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...