Friday, January 18, 2013

A Bellariffic Friday Card

Another Friday already! Not that one day is much different than another when you are retired. You know what they say, when you are retired you have 6 Saturdays and then a Sunday. That's pretty much right too.
I haven't done a lot this week but I did enter my card in this week's challenge at Stamping Bella. The challenge his week was to make a card using a chevron design somewhere in the card.

I didn't have any chevron paper in the stash - at least none that I recall having - so I made my own. Pretty simple to do and I may do some more for other cards. The stamp is Anise Ketto a design from Stamping Bella of course. She is coloured with Prismacolor pencils and gamsol and I added clear Stickles to her wings and yellow Stickles to the flower centres. After cutting her out I sponged Brilliant Sky Blue around the edges while it was still in the die. Both circles are from Spellbinders. The paper is left over from an old 6" pack which is out of print and it matched the chevron. The little flower is a ProvoCraft die and I added a clear pearl to the centre and then yellow Stickles to match the other flower centres. A piece of light blue ribbon was put over where the papers joined.

This card was based on a sketch from MoJo Monday so I guess I'll post it on their blog too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...