Friday, January 25, 2013

Wedding Cake or Birthday Cake?

I have a great-niece, Brenna, who is 6 years old (one of the triplets) and is in the hospital near where she lives. Wish I lived closer so I could relieve her mom some. She is a very sick little girl and may have to get transferred to a Children's Hospital. If you are a praying person, please say a prayer for Brenna. Thank you.

Huge white fluffy snowflakes have been falling for hours. It's very pretty to look at coming down but not so nice driving in. Glad we got all our errands done this morning because the roads are looking a little slippery.

This week Stamping Bella provided us with a sketch to follow. Here's my card.

OK, wedding cake or birthday cake? At first I thought wedding cake but then I coloured it pink (Prismacolor pencils and gamsol) and I thought it looked like a birthday cake. I haven't put a sentiment on the inside yet so no decision has been made. Pink Stickles were added to the roses. The white dots are Ranger's Liquid Pearls, White Opal, which I put on one at a time. Spun Sugar and Yellow Mustard Distress inks were sponged around the cake. The image was placed behind a die cut Spellbinder's Fancy Oval die. The background paper is from my stash. I store my paper by colour, not manufacturers, so they are all mixed up. I seldom know where the paper came from and a lot of it I won or bought at the thrift store which really complicates things.

If you have a Stamping Bella stamp, pop over to the blog and enter a card for next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...