Monday, February 18, 2013

A Brown and Yellow Card

We are having a beautiful sunny day here in Ontario but we are not leaving the house - again. I'm feeling so much better, but no voice yet, but hubby is still down with a cold so we're staying in. I finished the quilt project I was working on when I put the sewing machine needle thru my finger and started on another project.

I've just received an email saying that I won a prize package from Pinterest and Creating Keepsakes Magazine. On CKM's blog they posted the prize and said all we had to do to enter was leave a comment telling them who we made Valentine cards for. Well, I don't make Valentine cards for my family so I posted that the only ones I made were the ones I sent out to be delivered to our Veterans. And I won! Oh, oh. Don't celebrate yet! On the next line they mentioned that they do not ship outside of the U.S., and not even to Canada apparently, and if I lived outside of U.S. I would get a year's subscription to the CK magazine instead. I'd rather have the prizes so I gave them the address for the Blue Water Ferry that I use to get other items from companies that won't ship to Canada. It costs me $5.00 to pick it up but it's worth it. So, if they won't send it there, I guess I'll take the subscription. I seem to win crafting products but never the lottery - of course, I seldom buy a lottery ticket so that could be why!

On with the card. I was down in my lower studio (aka the basement as you all know by now) trying to reduce the stash of cut paper and cardstock. Here is one card that turned out so well I just may make it again on purpose.


I found this piece of dark brown paper in the stash and I had obviously cut out that large scallop circle for another project. I also had the smaller scallop circle cut out in the same brown. I cannot recall what project I used these on so they must have been in the stash for awhile now. So, I grabbed some buff paper and put it behind it. Nice! So I die cut an even smaller scallop circle with the same Spellbinder die and stamped the sentiment on it and glue them all together. I decided it needed something in the corner but I didn't want anything fussy in case this one went to a man so I opted to put in these large brass tacks. I glued the whole thing on a white square card base and called it done. Quick but nice. I may try it with other colour combinations - pink and purple for a little girl maybe?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...