Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A Very Purple Page

Over the weekend I decided to play a bit with the Art Journal page challenge over at Stamping Bella's blog. This page did not turn out like I expected it to and will never be one of my favorites but it likely won't end up in the garbage or cut up for other pages either. It's just OK.

It is very purple! I started out gluing on some torn paper from a phone book - barely visible on the left side and then stenciling in the flower and the dragonfly with dimensional paste. Once it was dry I sprayed on some various colours of ink for the background - you can see blue, turquoise, pink, and yellow peeking through. I painted the flower red and first and hated it so I went over it with some purple acrylic paint. Still didn't like it so I went over it with purple ink. I lightly sprayed the page with the same purple ink (Rangers Color Wash, Wild Plum) and then spread it around it bit with a wet brush - didn't spray quite as lightly as I thought so it came out very purple. I quickly dabbed it with a cloth so it wasn't completely purple. I rubbed some green paint over the dragonfly to just pick up the raised areas. The tag was cut out from a left over piece of purple and I added the velum saying after I mounted it on white paper so it would be readable. The purple butterfly border was from another left over piece of cardstock and the flower on the tag was die cut with a ProvoCraft die - part of one of the alphabet sets. The flower still looked dull so I used a white Souffle pen to make little dots around each petal and some just flying out and added some to the end of the dragonfly and along the top of the tag inside some black scallops I drew in - which you can hardly see in the photo. Like I said, it's OK, but just OK.

Don't forget if you ever want to see something up close on any blog, just double click on it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...