Sunday, February 3, 2013

Snow, Snow and more Snow

Snowing again this morning. I don't think it stopped snowing yesterday until about 4:30 pm but it was just a light snow, not a raging storm, so we only got an inch or two. It's cold again today though -11C which is about 12F. Brrrrr. My cold is still hanging on so I'm not venturing out today. I seldom get a cold but when I do, it's a doozy and this one is a doozy. 

Before I post anything, I'm going to do a little free tourism advertisement for Chatham-Kent. February is Black History Month in the United States and Chatham-Kent is having their own take on that. Kent county, as it was called until a few years ago when we were forced to amalgamate, was the end of the underground railroad and we are rich in Black History. We have the Buxton National Historic site, museum and cemetery, Uncle Tom's Cabin and the Chatham-Kent Black Mecca museum all of which have programs going on this month. So, if you are a history buff, or have relatives that were of African descent, you may want to visit Chatham-Kent which is about 45 minute drive from the Windsor/Detroit border. Its very popular in the summer months and labour day weekend is the home-coming with lots of activities.

OK, enough tourism info, on with the post. Because its February and snowing I thought I would post another winter scrapbook layout.


These are my two grandsons and their parents enjoying the snow. I ripped the white paper with the blue swirl and glued it to the blue paper with white swirls. The ribbon is glued to the back and tied in a couple of places and I added a faux postage stamp and some stickers and buttons to add some dimension. I believe it was created with a "Almost Done" set from Paper Wishes. I like their sets. I used some of their ideas, some of my own.

Here are the pages by themselves.



The journal tag is a scalloped edge stamp and instead of hand cutting it after stamping it I die cut it with a Spellbinder's scallop circle and I just inked the edges because 1) I like the edges ink and 2) the scallop die did not quite fit exactly with all the edges of the stamp's scallops. I use this journal tag a lot and it seems to work doing it this way. The blotch in the centre is to blur out the name of the city where these pictures were taken - per request of the daughter.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...