Saturday, March 30, 2013

Anabel Lulu Birthday Card

Another beautiful day here today so I'm heading out for a walk soon. Can't pass this day up because tomorrow they are calling for 90% chance of rain. That means I'll probably be under attack from the brain disorders and won't be able to leave the house. Gotta get out when you can people!!!

Today's card is the card I submitted to Stamping Bella for her weekly challenge. I couldn't believe that I was the only person who sent in a card! She posted a photo of a room set up for a party and said to make a card based on something in the room. It had Chinese lanterns on it so I used that as my inspiration- but changed it to tiny tags. I guess the others were not sure of what to do. Oh well, she also said I automatically win the Bella Bucks - YES! More stamps! Here's the card.


This Stamping Bella stamp is called Anabel Lulu and I just love colouring up this image. This one was done with Prismacolor pencils and gamsol. The blue shiny paper is some that I won last year so not sure who makes it. The background designer paper is from my stash. I have this tiny tag stamp that came with a set my daughter gave me a few years ago and I thought it would be perfect for this. I stamped them, cut them out, and re-inked the edges with black and then stamped the words. They are strung on embroidery floss with tiny pink flowers in between - a Dollar Store find. The wide pale blue ribbon if also from the dollar store I think and then I placed the shiny blue one on top. It and the bow came from the shoe outlet but I didn't like the bow so I ironed out a couple of them flat and used one for going across the card and tied my own bow with the other one. This card is going to my daughter for her birthday that is coming up real soon. For once I'm not rushing at the last minute to get a card I need for myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...