Monday, April 1, 2013

A Wedding Card for the Groom

A sunny but cool day here in Southwestern Ontario but just a bit further to east there is snow! We didn't get nearly as much rain as they were predicting yesterday - but we did get some water in our basement! Yup, the black cloud is still above us. Joe noticed that there was a bit of water under the hot water tank. He has noticed it before but he would wipe it up and it would be dry for days and days and then be wet again so he thought it was condensation. This time it was wetter and stayed wet so we called in the experts. We would hate to have the tank burst, especially if we aren't home when it happens. Turns out it was just the tap - at the bottom so he had to drain the tank to change it. I've been complaining to Joe that if he showers first, I end up adjusting the cold water down until there is nothing but hot water coming out and it's just barely warm. We thought for sure the rod down the middle must have broken, which they are known to do, so the fellow checked it -  but no, it was fine. So, why I run out of hot water is a mystery. Solution easily resolved - I get to shower first!

A friend of mine asked me to make her a wedding card but because it was her grandson getting married, she wanted something not quite as "frilly" and "girly" as most wedding cards are as they seem to be geared to the bride. I made two cards and she picked the one she liked which I'm showing today. I'll post the other one another day.


The card base looks grey here but it is actually a warm beige. Not sure why it looks grey but it does. The corners were punched with a Stampin' Up punch and then I used the Tim Holtz ruler to punch holes in them, inked the edges with brown ink, and glued them on. The image is just a little .99 stamp and I used Lumiere paint to give the love birds some shine. The background behind the birds is Broken China Distress Ink. It was die cut with a Sizzix label die and then I mounted it on white and cut around it leaving about a 1/8" edge. I had bought a package of various papers at the thrift store a couple of weeks ago and there were some velum stickers in with the paper. I pulled them out and peeled off the top hat and added it to the groom, and then added the hearts and scroll at the bottom. The bookmark was die cut with another Sizzix die and the edges inked as well. They definitely won't be getting a duplicate of this card from someone else!!!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...