Thursday, March 21, 2013

Happy Birthday Kittens

I had lunch out with some friends yesterday and we were talking about this and that and solving a few of the world problems - you know, the usual girls luncheon talk. We were talking about our childhood a bit and I mentioned that I remember telling my mother that I was going to write a book when I was adult and I was going to use her maiden name - Willett because it just sounded more like an author's name. This came about when she was reading a book by A.A. Fair  who was actually Earl Stanley Gardiner and she explained to me that authors could write under a different name then their own. Well, I'm 65 and I only write a blog and its under my own name but that's okay. Funny how things like that suddenly pop in your head.

I had a great day yesterday but the brain disorders attacked again overnight. However, I went down to my lower studio after lunch and I'm working on my mixed media piece to enter in Tim Holtz's challenge. The deadline is tomorrow. Nothing like waiting until the last minute! I have several pieces drying right now so I'm taking a break. Then I just have to assemble it. No chance it will win but I do enjoy a challenge.

Today's card was made from one of my favorite stamps.

Sometimes I just stamp a lot of images and then colour them up afterwards while I'm waiting for supper to cook or when its too cold to stay down in the lower studio. So, I coloured up this image and it was laying on my table while I was sorting thru my stash and this wine coloured piece of cardstock with the scallop oval already cut out landed near it. Hmm I thought, that looks like it would fit over the kittens. Sure enough it looked great. I searched thru the stash again and found a strip of the little flowers. Some of the flowers were not quite the same wine colour so I just grabbed a wine Tombow marker and coloured them in. After taping them to the sides of the wine piece I added the gold peel-and-stick wavy lines and attached it all to a pink card base, and then added more wavy gold lines. The gold sentiment was perfect for this card.

Well, back to the Tim H's challenge piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...