Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Thinking of You Card

It's the first day of spring - and we are expecting snow flurries tonight. Winter refuses to go away and stay away. I've started working on a mixed media piece and if I get it done by Friday I'll enter it in Tim Holtz's challenge. Nothing like waiting until the last minute but the last two weeks have been a blur. I'm not sure why, but I haven't been in the studio much at all.

Today I'm posting a thinking of you card. Sometimes I just pop one of these into the mail to someone I haven't seen for awhile because they are going thru a difficult time so I like to keep some on hand.

I stamped this image with Archival ink and then sponged some Distress Ink around it. It was die cut and embossed with Spellbinder's circle die. The card base is made from light blue cardstock and I used the left over pieces to cut the large blue circle. Then I took a strip of left over white cardstock and ran it thru the Cuttlebug with a Swirl embossing folder but before I ran it thru I inked up the negative part of the embossing folder so the embossed areas stayed white. I love the effect I get with this technique. The white rectangle actually has a light blue marbled look vein running thru it so it was perfect for this card. I just inked the edges with Broken China to define them a bit more. The ribbon was made with my home-made ribbon maker and attached with glue dots. It needed a little something more so I die cut a butterfly with my Stampin' Up die (actually made by Sizzix), added it with a dimensional glue dot and added a pearl for the body.

I do have a crafting tip for you. Use Sweeper refills to pick up stray or spilt embossing powder. For some reason it sticks to these cloths. This is not my idea but I read about it on the Internet and thought I'd see if it was true. It is. It works like a charm. The Sweeper ones to use are the ones for sweeping the floor, not washing it. I have no idea if the no-name brand products work or not though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...