Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Whoop-dee-dooo! Birthday Card

Another rainy day here in Ontario. April showers came and refuse to leave. Let's hope the old saying is right and it brings May flowers. The cough continues but the doctor (who called me Monday night to see how I was doing which shocked me. I didn't think family doctors did that anymore); anyway, he decided that as long as I didn't get worse or run a fever I could assume it is a virus and let it run its course. So far, so good.

Yesterday my keeper, oops hubby, decided I was well enough to have a little outing so he drove us over to a bush where the Great Horned Owl had two babies. But, alas, the babies were gone so we just walked thru the bush, chatted with another photographer, and left. But, he also drove me over to the fabric store and I bought some Thomas fabric to make my train loving grandson a quilt for his third birthday that is coming up, yikes, next week. Oh well, if I don't get it done he will get it late. I must be feeling better because I have finished up another 20 blocks for a crazy quilt. These, and another 20, were done on the serger and they are for ChildCan who donates quilts to every child under 18 diagnosed with cancer. I like to stay busy and after spending almost two weeks doing nothing, I'm ready to GO!

Today's card was made with a stamp that people love. My friends donate $2.00 to me toward the cost of the card and envelope and, yes, I know that probably doesn't cover the cost and gives me nothing for my time, but that is all I ask for..... and a card with this stamp is usually gone as quickly as I make them.


Yup, the frog stamp that a friend of mine gave me when she decided she did not like making cards after all. After it was coloured in I went over it with some Luminaire paint to give it shine and sparkle. I obviously die cut a green scalloped square at one time and had the negative left over and, of course, put it in the stash. I placed it over the image and cut around his one foot before gluing it down so it looks like he is coming out of the square. The scallop strip is also from the stash as is the background paper. The buttons were die cut with a Cuttlebug die and the edges inked. The sentiment came with a set of stamps from Paper Wishes and I just hand notched the banner.


1 comment:

  1. I just love your cards!
    K, I have to go and see if there is a link on that cancer quilt site. I make quilts and bring them to our local cancer centre and ask that they be given to a child.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...