Friday, April 26, 2013

Birthday Style

Another Friday...and what a beautiful Friday we had. The sun was shining and even though the wind could be a bit cool at times, it was quite warm as long as you were in the sun and not the shade. Joe got the grass cut and puttered around outside. I did a little but he's still worried about my cough and suggested I stay in. I got quite a bit done on my grandson's quilt but I forgot how maddening it is to deal with printed fabric panels. They are NOT squared up. These ones were out almost 1/2". Nothing can be done about it but it is maddening. I don't have a pattern for this quilt - big surprise - and I'm making it up as I go along. So far, so good. I had a whole can full of scraps from making the last crazy quilt and although we don't have a cat, I looked at it and thought, this would make a good stuffing for a cat pillow. I called the local OSPCA and they said YES they would love to have those for the cats and small dogs. So, now I'm saving all my fabric scraps to stuff into small pillows. Yeah I know, yet another project but its a small one and a good cause.

I didn't get a Stamping Bella card done for her challenge this week but this morning I did finish up 5 cards I had started. Here's one and it is a Stamping Bella stamp.


Love this stamp too! I coloured it with Prismacolor pencils and gamsol and then added some glitter. Gotta have the bling! The sentiment came with the stamp. Once again I had die cut a Spellbinders fancy oval for another project and kept the negative in the stash. Perfect colour for this stamped image. The bow has an interest story. This came from the shoe factory outlet. I always take a few and untie them and iron them flat to use along with the bow. I tried to remove that pearl centre and it came off but it left two holes, about the size of a pin. Grrrrr. What to do! What to do! Okay, why not just cover up the little holes. I had some similar pearl embellishments that came with other odds and ends from the dollar store and sure enough, once they were glued on, no more holes - and I love the look! You can be sure you will be seeing this look again.

Joe and I are all geared up for bird watching season. Hopefully I'll be well enough to go out for awhile over the weekend. This virus sure is hanging on but I'm hoping some nice HOT weather will get rid of it.....we just need the hot weather to hurry up and get here. However, I have a brother in Huntsville and they got snow this week - yuck!

Have a great weekend everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...