Monday, May 6, 2013

Another Birthday Card

What a busy weekend!...and what nice weather to go with it. Joe and I went bird watching Friday, Saturday and Sunday and saw a few birds that we have never spotted before .I got some very good pictures of some of them too. We are pretty good at finding the birds but pathetic at identifying them! Good job there are lots of experienced birders around to help us out. I'm still coughing but it's getting less and less each day - thank goodness.  Today was a day off - Joe had a pile of laundry to do - yes, he does the laundry but I hung it on the line. We love to hang the clothes on the line from May until fall. And I kept busy finishing up the quilt top for my grandson. Now to get it quilted! I dreamed last night that I had made a quilt and had it all quilted and turned it over only to see that the back which was obviously suppose to be large pieces of various fabric sewn together was not sewn down at all and was flapping about. Now this would be impossible seeing as I had quilted it so needless to say it was a very strange dream. I do have some dandies.

Today I do have a card for you to check out.


This is a Stamping Bella image coloured with Prismacolor pencils and gamsol. I decided to mount it on black which I quite like. The sprig of flowers is a Memory Box die - love their dies. First I die cut it out of green and then the shiny blue and glued the blue flowers on top of the green using a small glue pen. While I was at the Paper Pickle last week (first time in weeks and weeks) Deb talked me into buying a package of Therm-O-Web sticky dots which she swears works so well with these small bits. Worth a try. I had a piece of the blue left over so I used the Spellbinder's Peony die to die cut the small fancy round and then the larger black one. You can't see it on the photo but in the middle of the blue circle is a gold peel-and-stick that says Happy Birthday. The background paper is from my stash.

Off now to bring the clothes in from the line - oh they smell so nice and fresh its worth the trouble!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...