Monday, July 22, 2013

A Hummingbird Thank You Card


Well if you weren’t in Ontario Friday night you missed the storm of the year. The thunderstorms started at 7:00 p.m. and at first they were just the run of the mill thunderstorms; but, about 1:00 a.m. they turned vicious. In fact there were tornado warnings out throughout most of the province. Never, ever have I seen lightning like that. Scary! Joe, of course, slept through it!  They said some areas received over 6” of rain in a very short time which resulted in lots of fields flooded and rivers over-flowed. My oldest daughter’s campground had a mini twister hit and it took out about 50 trees – sad….but it could have been worse.
 
My daughter with the three year old told him they were going to sleep in the basement because of the thunderstorm. He loves thunderstorms by the way. She didn’t mention it was because they were under a tornado watch and the house is surrounded by trees. It was a great adventure for him and the next night he wanted to know if he could sleep in the “thunderstorm bed” again. Only a three year old! We didn’t lose power here but lots of the area did and some were still without it today. The storm did break the terribly high humidly – didn’t get rid of it, but its back to its normal ranges now.

We managed to get a bike ride in Saturday afternoon, after cleaning up debris off the lawn in the morning and a great BBQ along the river on Sunday. Too busy to hit the crafting table over the weekend but I was back at it today. Today’s card is one I made using the hummingbird stamped image.

 
 

For this card I first stamped the stamp with Versamark and then Stampin’ Up Hunter Green and then sprinkled on clear embossing powder and heat set it. It was then coloured with Twinkling H20’s and chalk sponged around it. I just happened to have that piece of wine cardstock that was the same colour as the flower so I die cut a hole using the Spellbinder’s Peony die and taped the image behind it. The card base was covered with the pink flowered paper and then I added the wine. The banner was cut from a piece of the same designer paper and I notched each end and then I added the peel-and-stick sentiment.
 

Cheers

Violet

 

1 comment:

  1. love how you embossed/die cut the frame, I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...