Sunday, January 26, 2014

Sword Fighting Boys

Before I post my scrapbook pages I am posting another picture. But first a disclaimer. One, I do love snowmen? snowwomen? Snowpeople? You get the idea. (This politically correct stuff drives me crazy.) Anyway, two, I am definitely non-violent. Three, I have, or so I’ve been told numerous times, a warped sense of humour. Here’s a picture that one of my Facebook friends posted and it said exactly how I feel about this winter.


Funny or what! The cold and snow will not stop. Joe had to shovel the driveway twice yesterday and it was deep in some places because the wind was so strong it drifted a lot. We had a huge drift behind our car so high that if we had tried to go through it, we would have fishtailed right into the carport post. Not good. Good job we had nowhere to go. We woke up to it snowing this morning and it’s still snowing at 3:00 this afternoon. Still not going anywhere!

So this snowy weather got me thinking about winter photos and I found a layout I made about Christmas Day fun outside with three of the grandsons in 2010.


As you can see, very little snow that year, which is pretty much the way it usually is around here. Little Finn was only a few months old and needed a nap and it was kind of hard to keep the other three quiet in the house so I had them bundle up and we went outside so they could continue the sword fight there. Foam swords of course. These boys LOVE to play sword fighting. I raised three daughters so these rough and tumble boys are a bit new for me. I did have 10 foster children back in the 70’s (two or three at a time), 8 of them were boys, but I don’t remember them being this rough. Anyway, the boys had fun. The pictures aren’t that clear because I took out my camcorder instead of my regular camera. When I got home and hooked it up to the computer, I stopped the action to produce a still photo which doesn’t work as well as I thought it would. But as you can see, a simple layout, lots of photos and some journaling. The red strips on the edges were added to keep the eye going around the perimeter of the double page spread and it picked up the red in Jack’s hat.

Here are the individual pages.


I can smell my vegetarian crock pot stew and supper is going to be delicous tonight! All I need to do is bake some biscuits to go with it.

 Cheers

Violet

 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Violet!

    I see you STILL have snow and i STILL have no rain... :) Sorry i've been a little absence of late but i've joined a blog hop and i've been hopping around seeing a bunch of new blogs.. Its my first blog hop! Love your layout here and that first picture is just hilarious! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a hilarious pic and a great LO remembering their fun with the swords.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...