Friday, January 24, 2014

Your Friendship Makes my Heart Happy

Okay this bitter cold weather is getting on my nerves – big time! It’s -15C which is 5F today – and that’s the high for the day. After checking out the weather network long term forecast last night with more bitter cold and snow coming for another week yet I decided I absolutely had to make myself leave the house today and go to R. B. Fabrics to get enough fabric for the borders for the Don’t Bug Me quilt. While I was there I actually found the same background fabric (well 98% the same) for the Rocky Road to Kansas quilt that I was whining about yesterday needing one more block. I was doing the happy dance - in my head…I do have my limits…sometimes.

This is Friday so it’s another Bellariffic Friday challenge card. This week we were to make a card about friendship. We have to use one of Stamping Bella stamps and it has to be current, not discontinued. Darn. I have a ton of her stamps and I liked it when we could use any of them. Oh well. I guess the person who owns the company gets to make the rules. I finally did come up with a card I like, and it qualifies.

 
This card uses three different company’s stamps. The background paper is from an old 6x6 paper pack and it covered the white card base. The ivory ribbon was added across the middle just break it up. The flower stamp is an old PSX stamp. This company went out of business a few years ago and apparently their stamps are now highly sought after.  I happened to pick this one up at the thrift store. I stamped it first on scrap paper and cut it out. It was then stamped and embossed in gold and coloured in with Tombow markers; but, instead of going right from marker to paper, I scribbled the markers on a sheet of plastic and used a blending pen to keep the colours soft. Then I cut out around it too leave a very small margin. Then the one stamped on white paper was placed over top as a mask and I stamped the kissing duo which is the Stamping Bella stamp. I coloured them in the same way as the flowers. Then I glued it to the card, off to one side, so I could add a bow and the banner with the sentiment which is from Stampin’ Up. I’m leaving this one blank inside. It could be a birthday card or an anniversary card from husband to wife, or visa versa,

Happy Friday everyone! Have a great weekend.

Cheers

Violet

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...